Friday, November 9, 2012

:)

Maloi lei lei!

Hey Family! This week was an interesting one! Matty got confirmed last night. The Bishop wanted to do it at his house so that the dad could be there. So we go over at 7 and it was such a powerful experience. His dad called us afterward and apologized for being so rude and said that matty should have been his priority. 

Sepe and Rimson, our little islander family that I have been teaching for 2 months now.. we had to drop them. We share a ward with the elders, so the second we dropped them, they went by and started teaching them. AH! It hurt my heart. It felt like i broke up with someone and then they started dating someone else right away. haha. They just weren't progressing. we love them so much but they weren't making and keeping any committments. one of the elders is an islander so maybe he can work some magic on that. pray for them!

We taught the Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom so much this week. SOmething I learned is that if people feel that you love them, you can say anything.

I really love being a missionary. You never know what you are going to get. Serious. I love the people we meet each day. I love walking everywhere in the rain. I love when there is so much opposition and you don't think anyone is going to come to church and then all of a sudden a girl from sudan comes in and stays all 3 hours and wants to learn more. I love our heavenly father. so much. My heart hurts thinking that I can never ever repay him back for the blessings in my life. I am so so humbled by the sacrifice of the bishop i'm working with and the ward mission leader. They have completely forgotten themselves and just want to help others. I love this gospel. This really is the church of Jesus Christ!

Thank you all for everything!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU! Happy Halloweenie!!!!

Love, Sister Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment