Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Small and Simple Things

Mayong Butong Pamilya!!! That could be lyrics to a rap. Seriously. Haha. So I drove by a Philipino restaurant this week called “manila pride” and I really wanted to try some. But I didn’t. Good Story huh?

I was thinking this morning about how much I Love being so close to the spirit and how I didn’t want to miss that when I got home. So I don’t want to watch bad movies haha. Then I thought about your example of keeping anything that wasn’t virtuous, lovely, or of good report, out of the home.

I am in love with the gospel and am so grateful to be a member of this church. This week was so eye-opening and a little faith-testing. Debbie is doing great. She has been clean for 8 days now and today she started her very first day of work in her whole life. We called her before she went and she was nervous but excited. I’m so proud of her for the changes she is making! It is going to be a long road but at least she has started it. It’s the small and simple things that matter most. She came to church yesterday and participated in all of the classes. God loves her and so do we! There is so much to learn from these people we are working with! She talked all about how she used to babysit and how much she loves kids. Her insights were inspiring actually. Haha I love her. I hope you can all meet her one day!

We tracted into a family that just moved here from Louisiana. Hallelujer! Looking for a church to go to :) Selma is the mom, kenyarie is 16, antwan is 6, and ladarius is 8. I love them! We found them tracting and they all came to church yesterday! We haven’t found their concern yet and I kind of feel like we are just reciting lessons. I want her to open up to us so we can show her how this beautiful message can apply to her life and help her!

Oh my heck. Why aren’t we Tongan?? Fo rills? Haha. Sis. Ate taught me how to say “I’m starving do you have any food” in tongan. So one day we were STARVING. So I went up to a tongan and said it haha. And he handed us 20 dollars each! Then another day I was just showing a tongan what I knew what to say and they took us out to lunch right then to this really nice restaurant! Haha. They are so giving! You have to be careful what you say to them!

Oh! So this week we met a former investigator this week named Matthew. He is 11. And I adore him with my entire heart. Serious. He is all over the place and it’s hard to feel the spirit when we teach but something got to him because he came to church for his first time in 1 year! We sat by each other during sacrament meeting and I just love him! He is qualified to get baptized, so we are going to try and get him baptized this weekend, if it’s the Lord’s will and timing. PRAY PRAY PRAY for him! I love this little kid.

I wish my thoughts and ideas flowed together while I was writing emails, but this little time I am given gives me a heart attack haha. I could tell in Sumner’s email that his was kind of the same. I’m glad I’m not the only one! Haha. So many experiences in one week, it feels like a month! Gosh. We met with a woman last night who had been married in the temple and had 5 children, all members of the church. Due to some bad choices, her and her husband got divorced and their lives have just gone downhill. Her daughter is prego. Out of wedlock and only 18. The mom was just crying to us. My heart went out to her. I just kept thinking, “ This is why we have commandments. If we just listened, we could be so much happier” Gosh. I’m so grateful for my life and this gospel . Serious. Today I was reading in Alma and he is addressing his sons, Shiblon and Coriantun ( I think) and it really is the small and simple things that matter most. I can’t say it enough. If we just “look and live” we will be alright. Our Heavenly Father’s plan for us is so much greater than we can fathom. All we have to do is hold on a little longer and do our best. Now she can fully experience the Atonement. I hope she does.

The gospel is true. Keep the commandments and trust the Lord with all your hearts and ask Him what His will is for you… then act in all diligence to do so!! I love you!!!



Love, Sister Mara.

No comments:

Post a Comment