Wednesday, October 3, 2012

God is a God of Miracles!!!

Oh family! How humbled I am to be a servant of the of the Lord. I glory in it. This week was miraculous. We began the week at 67 baptisms and needed 100 to reach our goal, that the Lord commanded us to get. I can’t quote the scrip verbatim but The Lord said whether it is by my mouth or by the mouth of my servants, it is the same. It is true. Our President is a servant and instrument for the lord and he knew that we had to get 100 baptisms this month. Never before , in the history of the Washington Seattle Mission, have 100 souls been baptized in a single month. This week, we came together as a mission and prayed, we sacrificed everything and were exactly obedient and the Lord blessed us with 101 souls who were brought into the waters of baptism!!

It was such a trying and testing week for Sister Ate and myself. Our investigators weren't keeping commitments or they were ignoring us. Rude. Haha. But our zone leaders were so faithful and kept us going! Last night we attended a baptism at 5pm. We had only 99 baptisms as a mission. Our zone leader came up to us and said “Sisters! Let’s go find the one!” So we all went to this woman’s house and asked if her daughter could be baptized in an hour. AND SHE WAS. She had been to church 3 times, no commandment issues, etc etc. It was a HUGE MIRACLE. I am so grateful I was able to be a part of it. It’s funny, this week I wanted to just sleep or give up on our investigators. I was getting frustrated with them for not doing what they were supposed to be doing, but I was humbled and reminded that Love is the motive and power. These are children of God and I must love them and help them keep their commitments. We all have to help those around us! They don’t know what to do with the agency they have been given, so we need to show them through the gospel!

Oh my, I love this gospel. I KNOW that this is God’s true church. It is not a belief anymore. I am not walking by Faith. It is knowledge. There is no denying this. We have to help God’s children.

We were teaching the plan of salvation to our micronesian investigator and she almost started crying. She humbled me so much! She was worried that she couldn’t live with her Heavenly Father or go to Heaven because she was having a hard time forgiving someone. Oh my goodness. Why aren’t Americans more humble like that? Hahaha.

Elder Sum- go get em’. The field is white and ready to harvest! Keep the faith! The God of Israel leads this camp! You never cease to amaze me!

Always and forever,

Sister Mara!


Sister Ate burning some clothes to celebrate 100 baptisms in the Mission!! (Yes, I'm aware the "100" is backwards haha)

Miracle baptism! Lateisha with our zone leaders!


No comments:

Post a Comment