Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Faith is the Power, love is the motive, and the Savior is the reason.

Talofa! 

Oh my wordy word this week I spoke in russian, spanish, korean, tongan, samoan and english! haha. There is SO much diversity here! It's insane but I love it so much. I feel like I have been here a month already. I was so exhausted this week. Body, Mind, Emotions, Spirit. Everything was tired. Poor Sister Ate, looks the same as I feel haha. We were so tired. BUT, i don't have trouble sleeping anymore and I love my bed! The housing coordinators bought us new blankets and pillows and i feel like a queen ( except for the fact that my mattress is on the ground and there is mold growing on my windows) Haha. It's great here. We got lost so many times! But we experienced a beautiful miracle!

So it was 8pm and all of our plans had fallen through. Since we are both new to the area, we didn't really have an idea of where to go. We parked our car and then just walked up and down the streets talking to everyone we saw. We met some realllly interesting people. haha. We had prayed and we knew that someone was waiting to be baptized. The Lord has promised that there was someone prepared, so we were determined to work until we found them. Well, it was time to go home and we had prayed with people and shared our testimonies but no one accepted the baptismal challenge. We got home and were a bit disappointed, but then the Elders texted us and told us they ran into someone in our area who was a former investigator and just moved here from another city and they want to be baptized in October!!! Holy smokes! The Lord works in mysterious ways. 

Can I just say that there is no better feeling than following the promptings of the Holy Ghost and then letting the spirit speak through you? Oh my goodness, it's like a high! haah. (Is that sacrilegious to compare it to that?) haha. Last night it was really late and we met this old guy named Anthony. He had a masters in theology and was coming at us from all different angles. I finally just said (with charity) "Either I'm right and your wrong or vis versa. The only way to find out if there really is a prophet on the earth is to pray. I know this is the true church with the full restored gospel. I know because i prayed and received and answer. Will you do the same?" Then he just paused and looked at me and said "Yes, I will pray. I promise you I will pray". haha it was so cool! It wasn't even me talking! We are going back tonight to see if he got his answer :)  

Sister Ate is great. We have had some funny experiences already. 

The first counselor called sat. night and asked me to speak on sunday morning. LIke I wasn't stressed Enough! haha. HOly smokes. I was so stressed. But it went well! IT's allll good.

I love you all. I love this gospel! There is nothing truer than this. I know we are HAPPIEST when we aren't thinking of ourselves. The moment we start thinking of ourselves, everything goes downhill. haha. I love you guys so much! 

To Zion!

Love, Sister Mara.

No comments:

Post a Comment