Wednesday, September 5, 2012

42 days without Rain!!!!

Hi family! 

Guess where I am emailing you from?? Yep ! That's right! Federal Way! haha! I'm back in the mother land. Oh it is so bitter sweet. This has been the craziest last week. I had a feeling all week that I was leaving. The work was just starting to slow down and all of our investigators were dropping us. I felt like it was time for me to go... which i was ok with but I didn't want to leave S. Aitiria. Oh my heart hurts for her. My two dear dear friends, Banksy and Aitiria, get to serve together around all the people that I have grown to love in these past 6 months and I had to leave! so sad!

But My new companion, sister ate is amazing. She is from tonga! She has the kindest heart and desires to serve people. I really do love my island girls. I think the mission has been tough for her with the different culture. I will just have to forget myself and go to work and love this sister so much.

So let me tell you about Steve. Remember how we loved him so much?? Well he set up this appointment with us and scheduled his own fellowship... and when we got there he was no where to be  found !! But his book of mormon was sitting by the front doors! So i picked it up and then we went looking for him in our car. We saw him walking down the road about 30 minutes later and he saw us and started running in the other direction!  Oh my goodness! Our hearts were broken! We tried calling and stopping by his house and he never called back or was there. We have no idea what happened :( :( 

Dougie is supposed to get baptized next week. Why do i ALWAYS get transferred right before one of my investigators gets baptized?? Ugh. it kills me. Banksy will get to be there for his baptism but i won't. So sad. 

So i have been having a hard time sleeping lately and Sister Aitiria is the sweetest, best companion! She will tell me stories until I fall asleep or sing island songs to me. It always helps! I fall right alseep! I love it! I'm going to miss her. I already do. 

Right now there is a little girl walking around yelling " mama! donde estas??" haha. I love the diversity here!

Today was crazy. So Sister Ate and I got white washed to a new area. That means we are both brand new here. Good thing is we have both served here previously. We don't have GPS so  I am totally lost and we don't have a phone or a key to our apt. So we followed the Elders back and they let us into our apt. WELL! the other elders hadn't moved out yet so we proceeded to move our stuff in and their stuff out with the elders. SO weird. Oh my goodness. haha. I am so lost here. I haven't felt this stressed for awhile. But I love Federal  Way so much and I will love my new companion so much too. 

The good thing is, it's a learning period. It's time to stretch and have my heart broken and for me to rely on the atonement and trust our Heavenly Father. All is well. It just hurts. I'm so grateful for this time in my mission. it feels so surreal and nostalgic to be back here. I feel kind of numb and like i'm just watching myself right now. It's so strange.  

I love love love you! Pray for Sister Ate and I that we can find those who are prepared for the message we have to share. 

Love, Sister Mara


Our Ward Mission Leader

The Bairds

Sister Aitiria, the Elders, and I right before transfers!

Sister Ate and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment