Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Longboards and Letters

Oh My Family!

This week was exhausting. I just skimmed over elder mahaffey's letter (that he wrote only 28 minutes ago... can't believe i missed him) and I think we are connected. I needed to hear what Brother Young said to their district as well. haha. I feel so connected to sum buddy. I was down on myself this week. I want to do this work as best as I can! I only have 9 months left and it scares me that I will never be set apart like this ever again. I want to talk with everyone that I see and proclaim this glad message that I have yet, like Peter, " my spirit was indeed willing but my flesh was weak" (matthew 26). We were out of miles (still) and that meant we had to walk everywhere. I do enjoy walking, but I know that I could be using my time so much more effectively if I had a car. Time just goes by so much slower when we walk! haha.

We fasted WITH stormie this week. We were walking everywhere and fasting and I was so exhausted.  After our fast, we met with Stormie and she said that she wants to meet with us 3 times a week and read the Book of Mormon with us! Great :) 

We also tried visiting Jenna this week and we were able to have a lesson with her. She agreed to a baptismal date (aug, 25) and said that she would come to church. We went by on saturday to make sure they were still coming and her husband said that they weren't interested. My heart. Seriously. I don't know how to explain it or illustrate exactly how i felt, but I felt sorrow. We just got into the car and S. aitiria prayed for them and I just cried. I love these people. all of them, but I feel so weak. I want everyone to be baptized and reap the blessings of this gospel- but it isn't that easy and my heart felt it and realized it this week. It's ok. I just need to trust the Lord and say and do what I'm supposed to do.

Oh speaking of that, Brad's words from the family email flashed across my mind everyday. His words helped me get through this week. I too feel like I am slowly progressing, but i just kept reminding myself  "to do what I'm supposed to do, when I'm supposed to". Slow and steady wins the race, right right?!?!

:) I feel like my mood mirrored the overcast skies for the majority of this week, but there were breaks in the clouds. Heavenly Father sent me tender mercies through out the week. I deserve nothing and am entitled to nothing! I am so blessed. My life is perfect. At a low point on one of the days, I got 3 letters. One from Sara Bear, Mckay and Tyler Porter. My heart felt so light. I needed that! Then We saw an investigator longboarding, so I asked him if I could ride... and I did. Wholeheartedly. In a skirt and all. And I was happy. haha. 

This email sounds a bit melancholy, but I really am happy. Lol. I laughed so much. I just feel a little dejected because I know that I could be doing so much better! But I will take pa's words of advice and be the pivot point for this area. Happiness is in the heart, not the circumstances.

I love you all. Thank you for your letters. You are the best!!

Love, Sister Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment