Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I Tangiriko!!!!

That means, " I love you" in Kiribati. 

Hi.

Haha, my companion, Sis. Aitiria ( pronounced EYE-SEE-DEE-UH) is from an island of 200 people. Cray Cray! I have known her for 7 months and we have been friends for awhile. It's always fun to see her at meetings and stuff- so the transition was super easy. She is a crazy island girl. haha I love her so much. She lived in a hut her whole life and didn't have electricity. OMYGOODNESS. So cool. 

We laugh a lot. Sister Aitiria saw a snake for the first time in her life and she got so scared but then wanted to catch it. We caught a frog.. another first for S. Aitira. Ok there are more things that happened, but I can't remember. :) 

I love being a missionary. I love love love it. I feel happy and hopeful and am so grateful for your prayers and letters.


This week was just wonderful. I miss S.Kim and thought about her a lot, especially when I had no one to cook for me and I ate Raman all week- but miracles are happening with S. Aitiria. Remember how Stormie was kind of acting offish? Well, she got a priesthood blessing and came to church!!! She LOVED the blessing and felt peace. We are going to try and put her back on date for baptism!! Pray for her!

Felicia- remember the girl that S. Kim and I found and taught? then we had to hand her off to the Young Single Adult ward? well, we texted yesterday and she is getting baptized next weekend! CHEEEEHOOO! Haha. She is so excited and her mom should be coming, so we are going to try and teach her mom soon! Oh my, happy day!

Dougie, is doing great. Diligently reading the scrips and trying to be his best. 

We met a woman named Laura this week, she is from Mexico and we had a member with us. The lesson went awesome and we invited her to be baptized. She said yes! And is coming to church this week. She has three kids (23,18,11) and they all go to different churches. Keep her in your prayers! She said the closing prayer and was so nervous but she said " please let me know if this is right and will bring me to you" Oh, my heart soared. I love hearing investigators pray. So much. 

Well, I know without a doubt that this message that we have is True. It is the full gospel, restored to the earth. I know that with  my heart, might, mind and strength and I know that our savior lives. I love these people here in Maple Valley. (thank you for the reminder to love the people, ma) I love them with my everything and I want them to see how this gospel will bless their lives. "Andnow, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor adiligentlyfor if we should cease to blaborwe should bebrought under condemnation; for we have labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of allrighteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God." Moroni 9:6. We have a labor to perfom! Don't let up, give up or shut up :) haha. President Eyring said that, so I can too!

haha I love you! 


You are the best family ever!! I pray for each of you every night! Be happy! and Humble! Humility allows us to feel the spirit more fully and LOVE everyone. Love is the purest motive for each of our actions. K, I'm done lecturing. That's lame. haha.

one love,

Sister Mara! ( I yelled my name. That's why there is an exclamation, obviously) 

No comments:

Post a Comment