Monday, July 16, 2012

LIFE is a wonderful thing :)

Ahoy Familia! Well my goodness, 2 weeks is too long not to write. SO MUCH has happened!!! Goodness gracious. First... I love that Sumner is in the MTC. I talk about him all the time AS IF I KNEW WHAT's GOING on. I totally know how sum feels trying to write in 30 minutes. Your hands shake and your armpits sweat and you feel like you are having a heart attack. Then it's all over for the next 6 days. 

Ok, First. THank you for praying for Dougie. Keep doing it! We fasted right after I emailed last and the NEXT day he texted us back. WE hadn't heard from him for 5 days! Fasting Works... i hate doing it though. haha. Sister Kim and I hate each other when we fast. I was shaking me leg and she smacked her hands on the desk and said " CAN YOU PLEASE STOP! YOUR FACE IS SHAKING!" hahahah. I laughed so hard, and that made her even more mad. But we laugh about it now. ANYWAYS.

I did exchanges with Banksy and it was great. We stayed up so late talking and laughing. Then we were really tired the next day. It was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. My heart felt so content and at peace! I'm so grateful for friends that Heavenly Father has blessed me with! I'm so blessed!

Stormie... FINALLY read the book of mormon without any other thoughts or distractions. She read and prayed and the spirit was so strong. We had the lesson in a member's home and it was so powerful. She said she knows what she read is true!!! 

Last week, we ran out of miles so we had to walk everywhere. I will be sending my shoes home soon haha. Not kidding. I have holes all over them. But they are so comfortable and make my feet feel better. BUT it's times to retire them. We were in a meeting and one of the Ward missionaries stops and says "uh, Sister Mahaffey, your shoes are falling apart." DAS RIGHT! haha. they are nasty though.  We probably walked 20+ miles last week. 

Last monday we had cultural day and went to Seattle with Carla. Don't worry that she is 60 and has to stop walking every 5 minutes to catch her breath. hahaahh! It was great though. I was glad I had been to Seattle a lot of times before my mission, so this time I could just people watch. We went to Pike's Place Market and I met a guy that made longboards out of KOA wood from Hawaii! They were legit and way expensive! I will prob get one after the mission :) We were in the car at a stop light and this guy pulls up right next to us on his bike, so I rolled down my window and started talking with him about the gospel and gave him a pass-along card :) haha I LOVE talking to people! I LOVE IT!

Oh! I found a vintage bicycle in the back of someones' truck, It was sitting there for like 3 months so I asked them if i could have it and they said yes :) So now I have a bike! but I can't ride it haha. It's awesome though. 

Fourth of July is my favorite holiday I feel. Haha I always get the chills when we sing the national anthem. We had a ward breakfast and it was gorgeous outside.

After breakfast we just walked everywhere and tried contacting as many people as possible. IT was way fun and we got a few potential investigator's numbers! Then we had a bbq with a family and went over to the park ( like queeny park.) There were hundreds of people there and we just contacted and talked with as many people as we could! So many members came up to us like we were celebrities or something. I was like ok go away I'm trying to meet nonmembers here. haha. 

OH MY GOSH! MA! Your letter with the perfume came and I just smelled it over and over. Your smell brings me such comfort!! 

 Heavenly Father provided us a tender miracle. Our plans and back up plans fell through so we decided to try a potential (felicia) that we met three weeks ago. She opened the door and let us right in. She told us that she had been wanting us to come back but didn't know how to find us. She is on-date for August 11, read and prayed AND came to church this week. Her spirit is so tender and sincere. Her dad died a couple of years ago and she wants to know what happens after this life. She is prepared! 

Dougie and Felicia came to church this week (and beth too)I love these people! My heart is so so full for them. I have been praying for more charity lately and i thought my heart would burst yesterday, because I felt so much love for them. Heavenly Father answers prayers. 

This morning i finished 3 nephi. Chapter 28 is my new favorite chapter. It hit me really really hard that this work is really the ONLY thing that matters. Heavenly Father will take care of the rest. I think it is so easy to get wrapped up in cares and worries of the world, but the gospel puts everything into perspective. It's the ONLY things that matters!

Well this is allll over the place, sorry about that! I have so many thoughts in my head. I wish i could download my thoughts from this past week and just upload them into your brains haha. All I know is that bringing people closer to christ is the only thing that matters. That will make us happy and heavenly father wants us all to be happy. I love this gospel. I love making others happy. I love being happy and laughing! 

" peoples' lives are like a garden and when we visit them, we should leave it looking better than before" Make everyone's lives prettier this week :) I love love love you!!!

Also pps- is there anyway you could put a little money into my usbank account so i can send some packages home?? 

Love you!!!!!!!!

Sister Mahaffey

No comments:

Post a Comment