Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I don't know a lot, but what I do know is...

Missions don't end when the nametag comes off.

It has been a rough morning for me. It's been hard to focus and I can't think straight. I just knelt down and asked God to help me focus this last week. I felt prompted to write my testimony of the purpose of this work and to help me refocus.

This is what I came up with: Love.

I could have told everyone before my mission that i knew the church was true, but i couldn't explain why. I could have said that I knew our Heavenly Father loved us, but I didn't fully understand what that meant. I'm not implying that I even fully understand it now or that I ever will while in the mortal existence- but I do understand it just a little bit more.

I have felt the love our Heavenly Father has for the people we have talked with and listened to. I have felt the spirit guide me to someone who God loves and have watched them either reject or accept God's outstretched hand. I know that sometimes we mess up and it brings sorry or unhappiness and God will never stop forgiving us- and neither should we.

There is no room for chaos or contention among the members of the church. In a society where we are conditioned to focus inward, we must take every opportunity to focus outward; to find those who need to feel God's love for them.

Our Heavenly Father loved us so much that he sent His son, He called a prophet in these last days, and restored the Church to the earth. We invite people to repent and be baptized by someone who holds the RESTORED priesthood authority so that they can feel their Heavenly Father's love and return to a loving Heavenly Father. All that's going to matter in the end is love. I love you all. Go help someone to feel the love that their Heavenly Father has for them.

Love, Sister Mahaffey

No comments:

Post a Comment