Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today is like... finish that sentence!

Well hello family!

So, Pday is like Christmas morning for me EVERY week! haha , but seriously. I always wake up at like 5:30 and can’t fall back asleep because I’m so excited to write you guys and read your emails. This morning I woke up from a dream that I had… it was about Sumner’s mission call. He got called to Tonga, then I just laid in bed thinking about it because it was such the perfect call for him! Study time before emailing is TORTURE… I just can’t stop thinking about emails haha. But I’m supposed to have an eye single… I DO have one eye single to the Glory of God, and another eye single… nevermind. Haha.

Alright so I learned some HUGE lessons this week. Faith and Patience. Seriously, best lesson I have ever learned. I just got an email about how everytime you pray, pray with faith believing He will answer them. It’s true! Heavenly Father is going to answer any prayer that we ask in faith. He has power to do all things and WILL do all things that are righteous desires. Oh, I love it. Along with that- we cannot do anything on our own. I think I say that every week, but we just have to work our hardest and then put our faith in Him and He will make up the rest. Oh, I love it.

Patience: Sometimes it seems like life is hard or something may never work out BUT it always does. Seriously. Like this week, I was a little downhearted because three people canceled on us… in a row! But I knew that everything would work out eventually and IT DID! Holy smokes. His hand is in everything! We had three investigators come to church. Tabby, Tiffany, and Daniel. It was ward conference and the theme was "prayer". SO PERFECT! The spirit was so strong. Tabby is a 9 year old girl who’s grandparents are completely inactive and parents aren’t members. We went over on the Sunday morning to make sure Tabby was getting ready because we had a ride for her, but then she started throwing a fit. Finally grandma said “will you go if I go?” HALLELUJER! the little girl did! So grandma went in sweats to church because she doesn’t own a dress. Everyone was so welcoming and they stayed for 3 hours. Oh, I loved it. It made me so absolutely thrilled!! And Tabby is getting baptized in 3 weeks. We asked her if she wanted to be baptized and she said sure! then she yelled to her brother and said “Brandon! Want to be hypnotized with me?” hahahah… we had to explain it better to her :) but it’s all good now.

Tiffany kind of pulled away from us this week and was acting all sketch. It really worried me and I let it affect me, so I got kinda insecure around her. Charity is the key. Seriously. If we have charity for people, we won’t ever worry about ourselves- just them and their salvation! And we love them so sincerely that we would do anything for them! So Tiffany came to church for all three hours!! Everyone was so kind! Gosh, it just makes me happy!

I feel like my testimony grew so much this week. Baptism is the key to salvation and it is available to everyone who will call upon the Lord! (Helaman 3:27) It does change lives and make people happier! More happy than they can imagine.

OKAY so last night was BOMB. seriously, I had such a good time. We had a tongan bbq at Darci’s house and Tiffany came. There were Tongans, Thai, white, and wanna-be poly’s there (me). haha It was so good. It was pouring down rain- rain doesn’t stop anyone up in here. They were grilling with their umbrellas haha. So funny. It was the BEST FOOD I have ever tried.. Besides mom’s of course :) So we all just sat around chatting and talking. One of the guy’s wives just came over from Thailand a year ago and doesn’t know anyone. I was talking to her about everything, she was a convert – such a cool story. Anyways, apparently asians love “Lady Gaga” haha. The love her music. But later after dinner, we shared a message with Tiffany. the spirit was sooo strong. Leka, the guy from Tonga, bore his testimony. Gosh! They have SUCH strong spirits. I love listening to them. Everyone there was so real and down to earth. I love real people and I love what that gospel can do for our lives.

Black guys= most flattering haha. They make us feel so good about ourselves. We were tracting and this guy yells at us and asked what we were doing. I told him that we were missionaries. He got this HUGE smile on his face and said “I’m coming to your church!” hahah.

There is this one guy that holds a sign on the corner for this pawn shop. Everytime we pass him we honk and wave and they he yells “ HEY! IL OVE YOU!” well yesterday I saw him walking and I told Sister Banks to honk at him so she did. Well we were stopped at a stop light and he yells “I love you!” then runs in the middle of the street… so I rolled down my window and was like oh hi! (wasn’t thinking) he said “I’m Charlie, I want to learn about Jesus, do you have a card?” haha so cool! I love love love street contacting. We drove past this other guy like 6 times in one day so I took that as a sign that we needed to talk to him. So we pulled over and I jumped out and I ran up to him and introduced myself. We got his phone number and he wants to learn more!!

So I know how to say “I love you” in Swahili, Thai, Tongan, Samoan, and Marshallese. haha This place is a melting pot! I love love love it. We find out this Saturday if we are getting transferred. I can’t believe how fast the time goes by. I love my mission!

k, I gotta go. I love you guys and am more grateful for you than you will ever know. You are my best friends. I thank Heavenly Father for you all every night. Don’t ever change and stay close to our Heavenly Father!!! Love you with every part of me!!!

Love, Sister Mara.

ps. we get to play soccer today!!!!! cheeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment