Tuesday, January 10, 2012

CHEEEE- HOOOO

Hiya there pals!
 
Haha. This area is great. Tiffany, bless her heart! Her faith and hope is so amazing to me. I love her. We took her to a member's house this week for dinner with a bunch of women from the ward. Sister Banks shared a message about the Atonement and then the women bore their testimonies. We left after about an hour but Tiffany stayed and was one of the last ones. We met with her two more times this week. She is recognizing the Lord's hand in her life. She just got promoted and will be able to go to church on sundays now! Oh happy day! We taught her the restoration and about baptism. We told her that she already had a testimony and she paused and said " Crap! I do have a testimony!" hahaha.  I love that she is reading and recognizing that her happiness is coming from the way she is living. I'm happier than I could have imagined.
 
We met two new investigators this week: Eli and Carla. Sister Banks tracted into Carla a bit ago and we finally were able to contact her again. We are meeting with her tonight. She has a strong spirit. We are praying for her. Eli, has a tender heart and is looking for friends and a place to belong. We think we will turn him over to the Single's ward missionaries. That will be the best for him.
 
I got down on myself this week. I feel like we were working so hard and nothing was happenin and everyone else was doing so great. But then I read in Alma in the Book of Mormon. Ammon was having SO MUCH success with Lamoni and the Lamanites. Amulek was being rebuked and cast into prison, but his heart was so happy for Ammon. Comparing is of the devil. Dumb devil. haha. I know that I'm giving this my heart, might, mind and strength and that's all the Lord requries, right? haha.
 
So we met with a woman from Hawaii- she is Tongan. Her name is Silvia Vaapuu. Hahaha she was so funny. I was laughing cause I was thinking of Sumner. She said that all the brown people stay inside cause they don't want to get burned but all the white boys are out on the beaches everyday. She said she calls em "beach bums" she is thug. haha. Love her. We offered her some soup that a member gave us. It was like a whole quart--- she took it all. Bless her lil heart. haha.
 
Don't get mad... but yes. My beautiful boots were stolen! hahah! ah! Man. I didn't want to tell you. But then some member, who I have never met bought me new boots from Nordstrom! sheesh. Heavenly Father is watching out for me. I seriously felt so so blessed. My goodness I couldn't believe it.  I'm so oblivious to the area that we live in but apparently it's for real ghetto haha.
 
This is the Lord's work. I love this gospel so much and it has changed my life forever. Stay strong family. Thank you for all of your emails and examples. Pray for Tiffany and her husband! and Doreen and Carla. I LOVE YOU!
 
Oh, I went running along the marina this morning- so gorgeous. I am so so blessed to serve in such a beautiful area for such prepared people. I love my mission! I love Sister Banks :) We laugh so so much. She says she hasn't laughed this much in a long time... that made me feel really good. We were sharing a message with a member family about setting dates to find investigators and I bore my testimony and shared a story. The dad looked at me and said "How long have you been out?" and then he said, "You're a good missionary." The Lord has blessed me with abilities and gifts and I'm trying my best to apply them to the missionary work. Don't thing I'm bragging- cause I'm not. It's just made me feel good that he said that. Heavenly Father is helping me in my weaknesses! "I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold my joy is full, yea my heart is brim with joy and I will rejoice in my God. Yea I know that I am nothing as to my strength I am weak but I will boast of my God for in His strength I can do all things."
 
 I love you!!
 
- Love Sister, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment