Tuesday, December 27, 2011

WOA BUDDY!!!

Hello Hello Family!

Ok, so I know that I JUST talked with you like 2 days ago, but SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED. So I was all warm in my little bed at 10:15 and feeling so secure/exhausted from crying so much. Transfer calls were supposed to be that night, but Sister Wiley and I were positive that we were staying together because she is training me and it is a 12 week program and it has only been 6 weeks. They hadn't called so I was about to doze into a most deep of slumbers- FALSE. then the phone rang. Zone leaders called and said
" Hello, Sister Mahaffey, thank you for serving in the Bellevue South Zone. YOu are being transfered." That was it. Haha. I was in shock and started crying and couldn't sleep for another hour. Sister Wiley and I have been crying for the past 2 days.

I feel so humbled. Seriously. I trust the Lord so much and know that wherever he has me go, that it is for a reason. I will go where he wants me to go and I will do what he wants me to do. I love the people of snoqualmie falls so much. I love the less actives, i love the investigators, I love those who are going through hard times. We went and visited everyone that we could and shared our testimonies with them. The member's testimonies lift me up so much. they are so inspirational to me. Always share your testimonies with the missionaries. It does so much for them. More than you will know.

I have given my heart to that area and loved my companion and the people in snoqualmie falls more than I could have imagined. It hurt my heart so much to have to leave the people and Sister Wiley. She has become such a close friend of mine and has taught me so much. More importantly, I love our Savior Jesus Christ. I love our Heavenly Father and know that he loves us so much. I know that we are the happiest when we are doing His will. There is no other way to find true happiness.

I think something switched in me after I talked with you guys. I just want to be as obedient as I can. I get to be a missionary only for 18 months of my life. I am his servant and I have been selfish in allowing myself to think of my needs/wants! So I trust that wherever he wants me, that is where I will go and give my heart to that area as well. I know that there will be more friends and people to meet that I never knew i had. I already love the people in my new area and am praying for my companion.

So transfers just happened. I got called to the Federal Way area ( aka polynesian central) I took the place of a polynesian sister and we live in a mansion with members. Their house is right on the Puget Sound. The area is HUGE and amazing. haha. I miss Sister Wiley and snoqualmie. I love this area already though! I can't wait to go out and teach! Haha. Transfers are such a rollercoaster of emotions! It's exciting and thrilling and sad and hard. This mission is amazing.

Welp. Thank you so much for such a magical christmas! I looooved seeing you guys! I'm sorry I wasn't as obedient as I should have been. (calls were only supposed to be 40 minutes) but starting today- I am transforming. I am the Lord's and will do only his will! Thank you adam for the advice. Thank you everyone for the support. I'm wearing my new boots :) and cami, I have worn your scarf 2 days in a row now. I LOVE IT! alia. I got transfered to an area with a barnes and noble and I need a new journal so i'm using your gift card to buy one today! yay!! Thank you everyone!

Mom, can you tell suzzaney how grateful i am for the package? I loved hearing from her and she didn't need to send me 20 dollars!! sheesh. The head bands are perfect. The candy... I will have to eat it and work out really hard :)
 Love, Sister Mahaffey

(Can you put this on the blog) for the girl group?

Shout out to the girl group. I LOVE YOU GUYS! I think about each of you all the time and miss you so much. I will never have another group of girls so close to me. I hope you are all living the dream and staying close to our Heavenly Father. Thank you all for your support and prayers. Write Me LADIES! haha. Alex, I will writeth you sooneth. so sorry. Karli- if you're thinking about a mission still... DO IT. Aly, are you married yet? Stina.... write me :) Sara- I saw you on skype. and send that letter. Taya. You know how i feel about you.

Shout out to Nate Burgess- OH MY GOODNESS! thank you!!! I looooved the suprise package and love the calender and songs! How appropriate for my mission :) thank you for your uplifiting words! ps, silly guy. If you wanted me to write you back you should have sent me a return address :) you will just have to write again with the address on it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment